From SEK 975
+2 Additional options
Enjoy the sunset and Lysekil by night!
As the sun sets northwest of Lysekil everything calms down. Boats are fewer and the colours are magnificent.
The guide will give you an introduction to paddle techniques and navigation in darkness and assist your entering and alighting the kayak. For safety reasons the age limit is 13 years and minimum 160 cm. You will paddle in a steady tandem kayak. Starting late september we will offer drysuits.
From late June the sun sets earlier every week and our departures will start earlier as days get shorter. Normally this tour will run to Havsbadsparken and the guest harbour on the southern side of the peninsula. On the way we pass the spectacular Stångehuvud Nature reserve. If the group wants we may head out into the archipelago. The wind direction, speed and the wave amplitude will limit what is possible.
By mid August chances to experience bioluminiscencent algea increases. They will glow as water is swirling around the paddle blades. Some nights it's sparkling, other nights nothing at all. There is no way of telling in advance. We'll head out as the sun is about to set, returning when it's pitch dark. As bioluminescence is hard to see when it is windy we recommend you to add the 48 hrs cancellation insurance.
* Full moon
On the night of the full moon, and the evening before and after you may enjoy a magical hour at sea and a walk that awakens your senses.
- Click the BOOK NOW! button to see dates, times and price categories for different departures. There will be no binding booking until check-out is completed.
- As both the full moon and bioluminescence tours depend on fairly clear skies and only light wind we recommend you to add the 48 hrs cancellation insurance. If weather conditions are not favourable we will refund the tour cost (but not the insurance fee) if we have to cancel the tour.
- When you book this activity we will we only authorize the full amount on your credit card. Once the required number of participants have booked we will charge your credit card.
- If the required number of participants is not met 24 hours prior to departure, the authorized amount will automatically be released and your booking cancelled.
You may bring your own kayak on this tour, if you have previous experience of ocean kayaking.
Would you prefer daylight paddling, choose City Paddling
instead (morning, day and early evening)
Short facts: SUNSET * FULL MOON * BIOLUMINESCENCE
||LYSEKIL Norra Harbour with Stångehuvud Nature Reserve or Saltö fjord
||2-2.5 hours (max 2 i n the kayak)
||Several short breaks without leaving the kayaks
||Novice, beginner or unfamiliar with ocean kayaking
||Regular health and arm strength
Bioluminicence/full moon departures:
No night vision or balance problems.
||Guide, seat in a shared K2 kayak, with spray deck, paddle and life jacket.
Lanterns (source of light that is worn on your head or attached to the kayak).
||Safety cord for your glasses
||Youths (min 13 years old, min 160 cm) share the tandem kayak with an accompanying paying adult.
||Bring your own ocean kayak and join the guided tour.
But you must be well acquainted with ocean kayaking in that kayak.
Rescheduling or cancellation
If we/the organiser (OWS) must cancel a booking (due to unfavourable weather conditions) we will contact you to reschedule to another day/time. Would you choose to rebook to another activity the remaining balance will be debited from you card (but only if the new activity costs more).
Add our cancellation insurance to increase your options:
Cancellation insurance is booked as an add-on, after entering participants data, prior to checking out your online basket. You can choose between to price levels and time limit for cancellation/reebooking (2 or 48 hours). This insurance can not be added retrospectiviely. Once paid the cancellation insurance will cover this:
- We will help you to change time, day or even choose another activity without extra charge. The balance will be either be remitted to or debited from your debit/credit card.
- Would you need to cancel any one of the participants, or the entire activity - please contact us min 2 or 48 hours respectively, prior to departure. When we have confirmed by phone, you send us an email and we will transmit the refund (except the insurance fee).
- WHAT IF THE WEATHER IS "BAD" ???
- In case of strong wind (+8 MPS), we may either relocate to another area for kayaking, or postpone the tour a few hours. Depending on prevailing weather conditions time and/or location may be subject to change, or the tour may be cancelled altogether. If cancelled, we will reimburse the entire amount, minus a small administration fee. However it is our ambition to offer an alternative activity. For instance, rock climbing if the wind is to hard for kayaking. If so, you will be reimbursed any price difference, except for a small administration fee. Please note that it is always the tour leader/guide of each activity that has the final say, after communication with the participants or group leader.