From SEK 175
+2 Additional options
Guided bike tour - 2 hrs. Discover local history with focus on beautiful scenery, granite, architechture and the legacy of the era when thousands of men worked the local granite slabs to durable cobble stone and building blocks for impressive buildings like the church that still dominates Lysekil's skyline.
By using a bike, we are able to visit the remote shores of the Stångehuvud nature reserve with smooth granite, once caressed by waves and yet reaching the granite clad streets of central Lysekil and other places of interest and natural beauty (artwork and buildings) along the way.
Use your own bike - or rent one from us. (more info below)
- Click the BOOK NOW! button to see dates, times and price categories for different departures. There will be no binding booking until check-out is completed.
- Your debet/credit card will not be charged until the required number of participants have booked. However, the booking amount will be authorized and blocked and if the booking request is confirmed we will charge the amount on your card.
You will get the PDF tickets by email once the booking request is confirmed.
||LYSEKIL (down town and the nature reserve Stångehuvud)
||2 hrs (3-5 km)
||Easy, normal level of fitness - however you must have some prevoius knowledge of riding a bike
||Yes, we run - but only in moderate wind or light rain.
Hard wind or heavy rain - tour is cancelled or postponed.
Min 12 yrs, min 155 cm tall is recommended.
However, parents that vouch for their children's ability to ride in traffic may bring kids aged 10-12 (riding their own bikes) - on parental discretion. We are not able to provide bikes for younger kids.
All participants younger than 15 yrs must wear a helmet when riding a bike (Swedish law).
All other participants are recommended to wear a helmet as we ride on gravel, uneven roads and in traffic with cars.
||Guide, (reflective vest, helmet)
||Bring your own bike or one of ours:
If you are not familiar with riding a MTB mountainbike we will guide you through basic techniques as well as basics on how to behave when riding a bike in traffic (as opposed to riding on a separated bike route/pathway).
- 3 speed with foot break
- MTB with handbreaks only (pls. choose a bike size appropriate for your lenght).
|What to bring:
||If you wish: head gear, sunglasses, backpack, camera, drinking water
- PRELIMINARY BOOKING (i. e minimum no of participants):
- If you book this activity now we will charge your credit card once the activity is confirmed by us (Outdoor West). Until then we only authorize the amount on your credit card.
- WHAT IF THE WEATHER IS "BAD" ???
- Depending on prevailing weather conditions the departure time and/or location may be subject to change, or the tour may be cancelled altogether. If cancelled, we will reimburse the entire amount, minus a small administration fee. However it is our ambition to offer an alternative activity. For instance, if walking/hiking is hazardous due to a thunderstorm approaching, we may offer you indoor climbing instead. If so, you will be reimbursed any price difference, except for a small administration fee. Please note that it is always the tour leader/guide of each activity that has the final say, after communication with the participants or group leader.